I also wanted to start researching into bread deliveries and bakeries. I love the thought of having a fresh bread delivery service in the local area. I am currently working at a deli now and the bread sells incredibly fast – although all of it is frozen and not fresh. Here are my thoughts…
– I would love to deliver bread on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sunday mornings.
– Delivery would start at 6am and go through to 9am.
– If I were to deliver from my home in Manchester, I would deliver in these areas only: Altrincham, Hale, Timperley, Northwich, Alderly Edge, Wilmslow, Knutsford, Stockton Heath.
- Flint Owl Bakery
– Long fermented breads made from the finest flours, wter and sea salt and thats it. No chemical additives, improvers or fats get anywhere near the dough.
– The breads, croissants and pastries are all handcrafted from scratch and baked in small batch sizes using ingredients that are organic and of only the highest quality.
– Once baked every morning, the breads and pastries are delivered fresh from their ovens to shops, cafes and restaurants around Sussex.
– Selling: sourdough, seeded sourdough, wholegrain sourdough, rosemary and sea salt sourdough, dark rye sourdough, walnut, fig & honey sourdough, white bloomer.
For my next project I would like to start making and selling bread locally.
When researching bread deliveries, I came across this fantastic woman! She is an American living in Paris, and delivers fresh lunches to Parisians on her bike.
Veggie Bánh Mì : Mushroom Pâté / Pickled Veggies / Cuke / Cilantro / Spicy Mayo
Chard pesto / hard-boiled egg / goat gouda / tomato
Saffron & cauliflower mash / pickled shallots / feta
The Green Bean Casserole Sandwich.
Barley and Adzuki Bean Salad.
– All sandwiches start with delicious bread, organic ingredients and seasonal vegetables.
– She markets her food menu by posting to twitter, facebook, and a blog
– She makes cakes to order
– Every week she hits the farmers markets, assembles sandwiches in her top-floor Paris flat and rolled out into the streets to deliver the goods carefully presented in eco-packaging.