DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM
– AS WESTENERS, TO WHAT EXTENT DO WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DOCUMENT SITUATIONS? TO WHAT EXTENT IS IT HELPFUL?
– HOW ARE WE BENEFFITING FROM THIS?
– HOW ARE THEY BENEFITTING FROM THIS? WHAT’S IN IT FOR THEM?
– INVASIVE? HELPFUL? HARMFUL?
(Ethics, different cultures have different beliefs, media)
Documentary photography – media
- World Press Photo
- Born into brothels
- Life in a day (Users sent vidos through YouTube)
- Dirty wars – hidden truth behind America’s expanding covert wars
- Mos Def – Guantanamo Bay force feeding procedure over Ramadan, how he is now banned from America
- BBC documentaries – Afghanistan war
- Act of killing
http://alllooksame.com/?p=330 (The Cove – from the Japanese perspective)