For my COP2 project, I focussed on documentary photography (addressing social engagement / activism through photo journalism)
For my COP3, I will be continuing in this same kind of subject. I want to be able to speak about…
- Platforms- which have enabled individuals to share ideas & thoughts. Lets individuals interact, give opinion. (YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Live Leak)
- Growing of global information through technology – Allows us to be more aware of whats going on in the world around us – (World Press Photo, Time Magazine, A Day In Pictures, WikiLeaks, YouTube, Instagram)
- Human Rights
HOW HAS ART, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY IMPROVED THE DOCUMENTATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF OUR WORLD, AND ARE WE SUFFERING FROM TOO MUCH INFORMATION?
HOW HAS ART, DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY ENCOURAGED THE SPREAD OF INFORMATION, CULTURE & EDUCATION – AND TO WHAT EXTENT IS THIS HARMFUL?
IN WHAT DIFFERENT WAYS HAS ART, DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY BEEN USED TO EDUCATE AND INSPIRE INDIVIDUALS
(Ai WeiWei, 3D, sculpture, World Press Photo, Tube map, Google Maps – directions,
HOW CAN ART, DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY ENCOURAGE TO EDUCATE AND INSPIRE OTHER INDIVIDUALS ABOUT THE WORLD AROUND US
(DO I NEED TO CHANGE THIS TO “ONLINE MEDIA?”) – YouTube, TedTalks, Sick Chirpse, Live Leak, World Press Photo
– Sick Chirpse
– What Ali Wore
– Google Maps
– Google Earth
– Live Leaks
– Wiki Leaks
– TIME Magazine
– World Press Photo
– GoPro (jump from space)
– Humans of New York – photographing New York’s community
– Ted Talks – platform which brings together influential individuals to educate and inspire
– Camera equipment – nature programmes
Too Much Information?
– Eating disorders
– Media and depression
– Effects of technology on the brain
– Psychological testing
The Burden of Visual Truth: The Role of Photojournalism in Mediating Reality
“The term photojournalism typically applies to a genre of images with a range of sub genres published or broadcast with accompanying words and usually as part of a package that may include other visual elements, such as headlines, charts, or multiple images….. An important term in the definition of photojournalism is reporting, the traditional underlying rationale for journalism itself. To report is to gather information and to convey that information.”
Spead Of Information – international, online, non-profit, journalistic organisation which published secret information, news leas and classified media from anonymous sources.