I’m very interested in languages. I went to a language grammar school and did GCSE’s in German and Spanish, and had italian lessons. Unfortunately, my mother never taught me Cantontese, although, I really want to learn this, and I am thinking of doing a language course in Singapore in the summer, where i can also get the TEFL.
For this task, I will be teaching myself simple Arabic phrases. I think Arabic is such a beautiful language, most of my friends in college were Arabs, so I was used to hearing it on a daily basis.
1. Habibi / Habibti – (Male / Female) حَبيبي : My Love
2. Ma’a ssalama! مع السلامة : See you later
3. Na’am نعم : Yes
4. La’a لا : No
5. Ana a’asef انا آسف : I’m sorry
6. Kaifa haluka? كيف حالك؟ : How are you?
7. Bikhair, shukranبخير، شكرا انا : I’m fine thankyou
8. Azeem عظيم : Great!
9. Hal tatakallam al ingliziya? هل تتكلم الانكليزية؟ : Do you speak english ?
10. Mabrouk! مبروك : Congratulations